New addition to my Faux Copper Patina wall!

Today is the day. Yep, it’s the day for the reveal of my Coffee room Faux Copper Patina Wall Art! So, my DIY Faux painted wall had been begging for a wall art to make it look alive, and husband and I had been searching for the perfect little thing. We had been looking all over the home decor stores and the online websites for something quirky and unique without breaking the bank. I even thought of painting something fun, but the wall cried out for something out of the box!

So without further ado, here is what we finally ended up with! *drumroll please*

Ta-da!


I love it to pieces. I think I even dream about it at night!

And believe it or not, we found this dilapidated Penny-farthing cycle planter at the The Amazing Mill Markets of Daylesford! I admit that when we bought it, it looked filthy and ugly. You wouldn't want to touch it! It had dilapidated rubber tyres on both the wheels, and had a stand making it a floor planter.Husband was skeptical about my plans, but I knew this would be perfect for my Faux Copper Patina wall.

After dumping it into the car and bringing it home, we cleaned it with a pressure washer to get rid of the superficial dirt. The rubber tyre on the big wheel was hideous, so we removed it, and cleaned it again to get rid of all the in-lying cobwebs over the years. We bought a metal cutting tool to get rid of half of the handle to hang it close to the wall , and a few trips to Bunnings later, voila!

I decided not to repaint it to leave the character on it.



These pots are from Bunnings, and the plants in them are from IKEA. 


I love how the black metal of the cycle goes so well with the industrial table fan lamp. 



Can you tell that this is my favorite room in the house? This also gives the illusion of a higher ceiling. I love it!

Love,
Divya

No comments:

Post a Comment