DIY Powder Room Refresh!

We had been contemplating this for awhile, and there seemed to be something missing in the Powder Room even though the walls had been painted, including my faux Carrara marble design wall. Adding texture is the easiest way to create interest in a small room, and hence the idea of the marble. It has 2 coats of varnish to give it some sheen.






You may have noticed that big shelf thing above the toilet. We made it from a rustic old piece of wood lying around - sanded the wood, finished it off with some clear wax. We got these brackets from Bunnings and I’m really excited how it 1) fills the space, 2) is decorative, and adds some oomph!

I feel it somehow also finishes off the room.


The finished powder room is something I am very happy with. I really felt we made the most with the space we had and added a lot of industrial charm.


Now, off to the mall to grab some more fun stuff for this shelf!

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment