DIY Rug Makeover

Do you have a dingy sad-looking rug sitting somewhere in your house? Instead of tossing it or hiding it, you might try giving it a new look with the help of painter's tape and acrylic paint.


Here's what my rug looked like before the start of the project. Sad, faded, and crying out for a refresh:


Since my rug had a crisp contemporary pattern, I did not have to remake a design with the painter's tape, but instead filled in the existing design with paint. Instead of spending the money on a brand new rug, painting it was a good solution.

See the difference between the painted and the non-painted areas:


Using standard acrylic paint in cobalt blue and black, I gave the rug one coat of paint. 


It took me only a few hours to finish this project, but love the pop of color! 


And, here is how it looks in its original space. What a massive difference!



Are you going to give your rug a makeover? Let me know if you decide to give this a shot!

No comments:

Post a Comment