Upcycled thrift store find: Craft storage caddy

So, I love vintage finds, and I found this beauty at the Lost and Found Market, Melbourne. I am going to admit right now that I love thrift store shopping for random items with lots of character and unique designs. This was a steal at the price so I brought it home, but I hated the color and the vintage decals. They just did not work for me. So, I decided to upcycle it to fit my craft table.



Everything looks nicer with a lick of paint, so off to my garage to start with the sanding.


After sanding, I used some Rust-Oleum spray paint in mint blue to cover it up and the piece was already transformed!



I then found a graphic from the Graphic's Fairy blog and transferred it to the front.




I thought it gave so much character, and added the extra oomph it needed.



I filled it in with acrylic black paint then heavily distressed the entire piece and finally finished it off with a good wax to seal it up. 




Here is what I ended up with...



I then simply wrapped the handle with burlap string and a little dab of hot glue here and there.


My caddy was then ready to be filled with a few of my favorite things and placed in my brand new craft room!



Thanks for stopping by. If you like the transformation then I'd love for you to PIN IT! And, try to take a second look at those rare thrift store items next time!

Love,
Divya

No comments:

Post a Comment